HOW PRESSfeed WORKS
Adding company news and other useful and relevant content to your website in an online newsroom is one of the best ways to increase your online presence and your search engine visibility. Fresh content is something Google looks for and it keeps visitors coming back to the site. News content in an easy to find and use online newsroom is top of the list of what journalists and bloggers want in a company website.
According to BtoB tech firm Arketi, journalists are turning to PR professionals and news releases for story ideas. They are using social media tools to find stories, but search engine optimization and building a media-friendly websites site remain vital to reaching the media.
Successful marketing online depends on building trust and relationships. Over 80 percent of web users are now active in social media and they expect a company or organization to have a social media presence. To build a relationship you have to have that social media presence and participate in the conversations. Engagement is the key.
And while it is necessary to have content and build relationships on these various social sites, having all that content in one place on your website is imperative.
Journalists and bloggers say they regard an online newsroom as the best place to find all the content from a company. They prefer not to have to search for your social profiles - they'd like to find the links right on your newsroom.
The PRESSfeed newsroom makes it easy to add news content and social media content to your website - newsletters, press releases, updates and articles. You don't need the help of a webmaster or IT. You don't have to know web design or HTML.
And now it can be done in social media format so that it is very simple for journalists and bloggers to find all your social content, use it and share it online.
- No fees to outside web designers.
- No waiting for IT.
- An easy-to-use web-based interface.
- We install your online newsroom and you'll be up and running in about a week.
- We give full training in how to use the system and ongoing tech support should you need any help.
- Monthly webinars keep you up to speed on new social media tools and trends.
- You can enter text, images and videos and add them to your news releases.
- The social media newsroom has an image and video gallery.
- The social media newsroom displays your press release in social media format - and you can add the code for an image or video so others can easily use it.
- The system allows one person to add content and another to approve it before it gets published.
- Once the content is approved, one click of your mouse publishes the content to your online newsroom.
- The system automatically creates search friendly pages with title tags for each release or news page.
- We provide a set of instructions and a tool that helps you optimize your news content for search engines.
- An online newsroom - particularly the social media newsroom - provides a place on your website where visitors, journalists and bloggers can find and share your news content.
The PRESSfeed system is very easy to use. Anyone in your office can be trained to add news content to your website.
Once the news content is added to your site, it goes in a news feed (RSS) Really Simple Syndication (RSS) is a format designed for sharing news content - like headlines, press releases, articles and promotions. When people subscribe to your RSS feed, each time you add content to your website they automatically get notified. News content in a feed is distributed across the social web. See this video.
When you sign up for your PRESSfeed newsroom you can have five content areas with news feeds. All you have to do is select which areas of content you will be adding to the site and we'll create a feed for each one.
An online newsroom with news feeds is one of the most effective news content syndication and search visibility strategies on the Internet.