27th May 2011Content Marketing, social media newsroom |
What Digital Journalists Need and Want
Research data from a few recent surveys about the media and journalists’ use of social media tools should be a loud call to action for PR professionals.
- 90% of UK journalists polled say they use social media in reporting news stories
- Half of them feel that PR people are not keeping up – they say we’re not using the right digital PR resources and tools that make it easy for journalists to find and use their news content
- 88% want images with news releases
- 35% want video
- Provide embed codes and single URLS for those assets so a journalist or blogger can easily and quickly use your material
- Include links to relevant information – background data, analyst info, bios of those quoted etc.
Take a hard look at your online newsroom. Are you servicing the digital journalists?